Are you copying or just doing the same as everyone else?
So, the question is, are you copying or just being a clone of everyone else?
If so, why?
Don’t you have your own voice?
Whilst you may be doing something with a sightly difference spin, are you really being unique?
A couple of classic examples are Facebook and LinkedIn where we are seeing constantly people flooding Twitter with how they can help you with your LinkedIn profile and getting you more sales or Facebook and offering to help you with your Facebook Ad Campaigns. Yet have you noticed a few stand out things……
- If you look at people promoting LinkedIn and then at their LinkedIn updates, you will see these people just talking to fellow LinkedIn coaches, experts and trainers and sharing the same ideas/thoughts – the real LinkedIn people that you should seek assistance don’t do this!
- If you look at these same LinkedIn people on their Twitter profiles, it is constantly being flooded with what they offer and little sharing of of other people’s/company’s tweets – showing and sharing other topics besides LinkedIn highlights engagement and the willingness to highlight other things you can offer too!
- The same can be said with regards to their tweets – there is hardly any engagement there at all – just look and see how long it takes to find tweets where they actually enter into a conversation with someone!
- The same points above can also be said to people offering Facebook marketing and coaching – is this really the art of engagement?
So, if people are just flooding out your timelines with the same things over and over again, are they really able to understand deep into your business and what the worlds of Digital and Social offer as a whole?
Some people would say they are experts in their field but are they? Yes, Accountants and Solicitors are experts in their field but can any one really be a Digital or Social expert?
The real Influencers and Experts in these arenas actually don’t scream and shout about this field – they actually create and share content based across aboard spectrum. They are highlight their different elements that you need to have/be aware of to make up the ingredients of their Facebook or LinkedIn offerings for example.
- Do you know the audiences that my products and services relate to?
- Do you know what platforms these audiences use?
- Do you have knowledge of these sectors/fields within my country?
- Do you have knowledge of these sectors/fields within my industry sector?
- Any does this platform fit into the education, work and volunteering life-cycle programme?
- These platforms have paid services/levels, have you actually used these services/features and can show what they do?
(Note, the reason for the last point, is that for example, with LinkedIn, the majority of Coaches, Experts and Trainers that offer LinkedIn coaching/training have never subscribed to LinkedIn paid offerings. Thus, if they have never brough/paid for LinkedIn’s services, how do can they trully be advising you as to what is right for you and your company when it comes to LinkedIn?).
If you truly are wanting to understand what is happening in the world of Digital and Social – make sure you are really asking the right questions before you engage and invest more money in training and coaching!
Do these people that are wanting you to spend money with them understand and can operate….
The choice is your’s but are you really choosing the right investment in your own, your colleagues and your company’s future?
That’s why we here at Service Address actually understand your company first before showing you and your company what is happening in the world of Digital and Social before between us, establishing your Strategy moving forward into the arena of the #NewWayToWork.
So, if you are wanting to see and discuss how we at Service Address can help you and company with bringing 2020 into 2016 for you, either contact us here or complete the form below:-